Tuesday, 26 July 2011

As a follow up to my Pre-Collection film, the team assembled again to create a new film. We wanted to explore ways to make a fashion film that was a little bit different. To do this we incorporated a subtle narrative; something that I felt worked really well. It gave it a sense of being a short film, but it was still all about the clothes and focused on the detailing in the garments usually missed on the catwalk.

I also wanted to show the interaction between menswear and womenswear within the collection. I've found that many films that did this portray it in a very sexy way, and for my collection, I just didn't think that this would work. With the great vision of Liam Simpson we managed to take it the complete opposite way and make the collection appear very innocent, and the mood was dreamlike and surreal.

The filming experience was amazing and I'm incredibly lucky to have the team that i had! I owe a massive thank you to everyone who worked on the it as they really brought the collection to life!...









Yasmin Bawa Fashion Film 2011 from Liam Simpson on Vimeo.

Director/Editor- Liam Simpson
Director of Photography- Nicholas Peel
Designer- Yasmin Bawa
Make Up/Hair- Jutheanne Cruz & Tammi Nguyen
Still Photography- David Barr
Production Co-odinators- Mark & Claire Simpson
Models- Evie Grange-Cook, Lomig Joliff, Linnea Landin & Simon Tuit
Music- Asobi Seksu- Thursday (acoustic at Olympic Studios)



No comments:

Post a Comment