Tuesday, 26 July 2011

PRINTED INSPIRATION...

Creating prints, for me, if often a light-bulb situation... I can sit there for hours creating shapes and sketches, and then at some point (usually after a slight meltdown) they just appear. For my collection this process took a little longer then usual. I think it was mostly due to the pressure; I kept getting this idea that this was the 'final collection' the last chance, they had to represent the culmination of 4 years of studying.... but clearly thats not the case and after a necessary meltdown  I was told something that helped me get through the whole collection process, "This isn't your final collection, but more like your first collection" its the first time we actually have the knowledge and confidence to create a full collection and that like everything you do for the first time, there was going to be regrets, hesitations and mistakes...a lot of mistakes...
From that point the collection seemed to start moving, a relief to say the least- On reflection it is all worth is, and here I am about to embark on a new collection....

Below is some of the images and sketchbook pages from my print development!







No comments:

Post a Comment