Thursday, 22 September 2011

AGI&SAM

Yesterday was menswear day, the highlight of fashion week for me. I particularly enjoyed the fashion east installations, and even more particularly AGI&SAM, they have been my favourite design duo for a few season and I think its pretty obvious why. Their use of prints and colour is always so successful and it pushes the boundaries in menswear without being so crazy is unwearable. Their presentation was the best in the house by far, I liked the detailing with the broken clay pottery and the paint they splattered over the models feet. 

Our ethos is simple; interesting high-end garments but at mostly affordable prices; a bid to eliminate the elitism and the throw away attitudes all too commonly seen in today’s fashion. It would appear there are advantages to a recession after all…

This quote from an interview is great and I couldn't agree more with there ethos....









Their model casting for the show was also perfect, although I do have a slight obsession at the moment with using a bearded/obscure looking man for my next lookbook!...

1 comment: